An Alternative Think Tank aimed at approaching Security problems differently
Corix Partners is delighted to announce that, during the course of Q4 2017, it will be restructuring its research activities and is launching The Security Transformation Research Foundation.
The Security Transformation Research Foundation is a dedicated think-tank and research body aimed at approaching Security problems differently and producing innovative and challenging research ideas in the Security, Business Protection, Risk and Controls space.
The Research Foundation is established to explore limitations that have prevented structural progress in those areas across the past decade, and aims at identifying and promoting possible solutions.
It supports research projects and individual initiatives aimed at changing the narrative around Security, looking beyond the technical horizon into Security strategy, governance, culture, and the real dynamics of transformation
The purpose of the Research Foundation is to bring together a group of influential open thinkers, decision makers and C-level practitioners
• With the objective of challenging the way Security, Business Protection, Risk and Controls functions are currently perceived, governed and operated across the large enterprise and identifying the reasons preventing structural progress in those areas
• With the aim of developing and communicating targeted research material that encourages and helps organisations make the improvements needed around Security, Business Protection, Risk and Controls so they can overcome current limitations and are better protected going forward
Key Characteristics of the Think Tank
• A dedicated Think Tank, niche and selective by nature, aimed at attracting the best protection-minded brains across all industry sectors motivated by the genuine creation of thought-leadership
• A clear objective to approach Security problems differently and produce innovative and challenging research ideas in the Security, Business Protection, Risk and Controls space:
- Thinking outside the box towards Security Leadership, Corporate Organisation and Governance (not just focused on IT / Information / Cyber-Security)
- Delivering a challenge and an alternative view on “good practice” in the Security, Business Protection, Risk and Control space instead of blindly endorsing it
• A native Research body (not another open networking or discussion group) aimed at producing quality research material and disseminating it through a number of channels
Membership is free at this stage but is strictly by invitation from an existing member and/or co-optation from other members.
The Research Foundation aims at attracting a panel of experienced open thinkers, decision makers and C-level practitioners in the Security, Business Protection, Risk and Controls space who currently hold (or have held in the past) direct senior management responsibilities in these areas.
Membership is also open in principles to independent consultants, partners in small consultancy firms, executive management and heads of corporate functions, with the view of broadening the perspective on Security, Business Protection, Risk and Controls.
Members must have a strong and direct interest in challenging and advancing the way Security, Business Protection, Risk and Controls are perceived, governed and operated across the large enterprise, and be willing and able, directly or through their teams, to contribute to the research effort in terms of providing input or validating concepts and materials.